Thursday 12 July 2012

Lolita review time: Petticoat!

Today I will be posting a review of Petticoat Princess' 25" petticoat!
I have a huge petticoat for lolita. A big, expensive poofy petti of awesomeness. But, after the revelation that it's difficult to sit on the bus in it without the person next to me plonking themselves on top of it and me dying a little inside, I thought I'd better search for a less poofy, cheaper alternative. 
I bought the 25" petticoat in black from petticoat princess on Ebay, after seeing a pretty positive review of it online (wow, alliteration!). Here's my review:


SHIPPING AND PACKAGING:
The seller dispatched the item the next day, very quickly. It arrived just a day later! After seeing the package and the number of stamps on it, it was clear why. It's really nice and thoughtful when a seller goes out of their way to ensure speedy delivery.

  The petti came in the usual secure brown bag, and was then protected inside another clear plastic bag (shown below) which will protect the garment should any damage or rips occur.

STRUCTURE AND FASTENINGS
 The petticoat fastens, as described with a simple drawstring. Not very elegant, but it does mean the product is a one size fits most garment.
 The petticoat is quite short, but I don't mind - no petti peeping from under my skirt!
 POOF
There are three layers all in all. The material isn't great quality and a little stiff, but you get what you pay for!

 The poof is substantial. It's nice for a toned down look or as an additional garment for those looking to make their skirts even more cupcake shaped, but I will be sticking mostly to my lovely, huge yet impractical petticoat. If you're looking for a cheaper option, give Petticoat Princess a try, but remember, when it comes to quality, the price represents the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment