Tuesday 16 April 2013

Checking in- updates and jazz.

Hey little blog, long time no write! I've been meaning to make a post for a while now, but I kept thinking "Oh, I have X event to go to first, so I'll write it after that!" and well, the post never happened! (Until now!)

Hmm what have I been up to since my last post...Here are a few photographs to illustrate just that with less of my rambling to interrupt...


 
Well, it was Easter. Although my family aren't religious, and I am an atheist, we usually make a cake and have dinner together. As I don't celebrate Easter per se, I simply use it as a chance to celebrate the arrival of spring. Me and mum knocked up the cake and I decorated it - I was pretty happy with myself, I think it looks really cute. 
 On one of the first days where the weather was getting a little warmer, me and my mum took the chance of going for a walk around the local country park. My kitty loves my pom pom legwarmers...

 So, this tree was lumpy - it reminded me of lsp from adventure time. Perhaps it's a portal to lumpy space?
 I love spending time with my mum - we get along together so well, and I really cherish having such a strong relationship with a family member, plus, we got ice cream!

Also, my friend Ari stayed at my house last wednesday night, and we went to the local steampunk evening. We wore lolita co ords (mine is classic and Ari's is more military/bittersweet) but really anything with a victorian twist goes, it's all good.
 Of course, sleeping downstairs where my cat is was always going to be interesting, and at one point she decided to go to sleep in my sheets and later on my legs!

Well I think that's about it for now! As of today it's the usual routine - exercising (blogilates and yoga of course!) trying to eat healthy, doing regular household jobs. Thursday I'm going to Nottingham with my aunt for a day, then it's our normal lolita meet saturday, and the saturday after is Lucky Con with ari - a small local Japanese culture convention which will be in it's second year this time! Should be a lot of fun, and I'll be wearing a brand new co ord. 


Until then folks...

1 comment: