Wednesday 12 February 2014

New year, new stuff, lots of links!

The new year is here, and I'm finally ready to make my first post.
The second in Ari's series of artworks entitled 'Gina is unimpressed by dumb glasses'. The book shop bag in my hand seems to be quickly evolving into a permanent fixture.

So far it's been quite a busy year in terms of events and seeing friends. I've been to the vintage fair in Sheffield with Ari, and last week we finally held our first lolita meet up of 2014.


Maturity lapse.
I've been looking into volunteering opportunities (sadly it seems there aren't any!), and I recently wrote the first article on our joint blog in a while. It seems we took an unexpected hiatus, but we're busy working away on new features for the coming year and will hopefully become more productive in the next few months. 

Recently I have been reading a lot, trying to write more of the multiple Secret Book Projects That Will Never Be Finished, having fun times with friends, playing games, and thinking about the answers to the Big Scary Questions About The Future that need sorting. I've also been trying to keep up to date with my Goodreads account as one of my new year's goals was to try and read even more than usual!

I have a few plans in the upcoming months, and one of the most exciting is that I will be attending the annual Tea Party Club event in London in April, Enchanted!


I'm pretty damn excited for this event! I was meant to go to Frock On! which was their event last year but sadly in the end I couldn't make it. This year however I am definitely going to be there, and outfit planning is in the making, but I am also indecisive and this hinders the progress a little tiny bit lot. I am bouncing between styles - classic, gothic, or sweet. Polar opposites, I know...

A shot from the meet up last weekend, with newcomer Beth (second-to-the-right) who was lovely!
Also in the next month or so I will be purchasing my tickets for The Asylum weekend! It is totally unbelievable and mind-boggling to think that the recent event happened 5 months ago, and as usual I am proactive and planning my attire for the next one, where I will be accompanied by some of my closest friends!

At the beginning of the year I started making these cute jars for friends and family. I paint them and add glitter and ribbons, and sometimes add pieces of paper with funny memories that I've shared with that person. Everyone seemed to like them! One of my goals this year is to travel more and visit new places with Ari, and so I made myself a crazy rainbow jar in which to save my travel-funding monies!


In the next few weeks I plan to write another article for our joint blog, and keep up with my reading goals, not to mention updating this blog more and more frequently when I have news to share/things to ramble about/junk.  
 

Currently reading: This Star Won't Go out by Esther Earl.

Currently drinking: Copious amounts of chocolate milk.

Awesome internet person who makes me happy: Peachie!

What helped get me through this month: Her awesome musical talent

2 comments:

  1. Yay! This year is gonna be so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! My travel fund has some monies in it! Haha.

      Delete